- It's a great place -- flat as all get-out -- and the people are among the friendliest anywhere. Period.
- Talk about clean! (You see people picking up scraps of litter on the streets as they happen across the trash -- and it doesn't even belong to them!) There's greenery everywhere and, heck, a river (or two) runs right through the Twin Cities.
A river runs through it: The Mighty Mississippi runs right
through St. Paul (across the street from the Xcel Center).
- When people greet you and say, "How are you doing?" They mean it. They really want to know.
- Minnesotans use the word "super" a lot. A lot.
- The Mall of America is simultaneously a monstrosity and a glorious tribute to free market capitalism. The place even has a theme park in the middle of it with roller coasters! The only thing it's missing inside is an airport, a volcano and a mall-within-a-mall.
The maul of America?: The Mall of America is so huge
that it even has its own theme park smack dab in the middle.
The park includes roller coasters, a Ferris wheel and a host
of Nickelodeon TV network-related attractions.
- The state is sports crazy. Hockey rules, but baseball, football and every outdoor sports activity you can think of ain't far behind.
Wild about hockey: The local NHL franchise, the Minnesota
Wild. (As you can see, this year's line-up looks tough.)
- Minnesotans are very politically aware and they see themselves as a very cultured people (galleries, theaters, stunning architecture, public art and such abound).