The ad above is being circulated/posted for every anarchist, Code Pink member, former Weather Underground bomber and angry! person to see. No word yet on the size of the crowd expected, but local police have been working hard to uncover the even less savory folk who'd planned to get really nasty. (Nice work!)
If the GOP scales back its party/coronation this week so that it doesn't evoke any additional bad storm-related feelings, will these folks do the same?
Extra: Sometimes there just ain't nothin' as fun as protests/street theatre. To get a flavor of what the protest folks have on their docket, I submit the following (honest-to-goodness) planned activities --
- New Moon Ritual for an Upwelling of Earth Wisdom led by Starhawk and the local Upwelling Circle, Mounds Park
- The UnConventional Gathering Place opening reception, with RNC-related interactive performances
- Rolling Out the Welcome Mat: Artists Respond to the RNC
- Anti-Torture Bannering
- Flaming Carnivale of Deviance
- Launch Event for Visit Guantanamo in St Paul
- Experience Guantanamo in St Paul
- Prisoners of Guantanamo, March on the RNC
- Bikers & Rollerbladers for Peace
Extra! Extra!: In the spirit of "peaceful protest," I present some of my samples from the GOP convention in NYC four years ago.