Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Biden calls for president's impeachment for military action without Congressional approval*



“Ladies and gentlemen, I drafted an outline of what I think the Constitutional limits [garbled] have on the President with the War Clause. I went to five leading scholars, Constitutional scholars, and they drafted a treatise for me that is being distributed to every Senator. And I want to make it clear, and I’ll make it clear to the President: that if he takes this nation to war in Iran, without Congressional approval, I will make it my business to impeach him.”

Back in 2007*, Vice President Joe Biden (then U.S. Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del) gave a couple speeches regarding the possible impeachment of George W. Bush -- if he conducted military strikes against Iran without Congressional approval.

Today, President Barack Obama is presiding over a conflict he not only didn't get Congressional approval for...heck, he didn't even give Capitol Hill a hint he was going to let loose the dogs of war on Libya's Muammar Ghadaffi (or however you spell his name). So where's Joe?

Here in his own words, Biden...



No comments: