(From the Washington Free Beacon) White House Press Secretary Jay Carney wouldn’t answer Fox News correspondent Ed Henry’s question today (Aug. 8, 2013) about reports on the CIA being on the ground the night of the Benghazi attack and whether operatives with information about it were being silenced by agency higher-ups.
Carney dodged, referring Henry to the CIA and claiming the agency had provided “an extraordinary amount of information” related to the attack. He also said he was not aware of any CIA employees who experienced retaliation, although a CNN report last week said there was an “unprecedented” effort by the agency to keep its Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.
Watch the exchange (below):
Carney also dodged a question last week from Henry about CNN’s interview with an alleged Benghazi terrorist suspect and his claim to have never been contacted by the FBI.
He (and his boss) can dodge all they want: Benghazi ain't goin' away...