In “Climategate,” the newest bestseller addressing the hot potato of environmental science – so-called climate change (formerly known as global warming) - author/noted meteorologist/radio host Brian Sussman does all this and more as he skewers lying politicians, know-nothing celebrities and pols, agenda-driven media, cash-grubbing scientists, and institutions intent on shifting power – and money – away from the United States.
Chief among those targeted for Sussman’s laser-sharp critiques is former U.S. vice president/author/climate change bloviator Al Gore. Throughout the book, Gore’s intentions, sloppy science, Academy Award-winning PowerPoint presentation (“An Inconvenient Truth”) and “green scare” moneymaking ventures, are squarely in the author’s crosshairs.
What distinguishes Sussman’s dissection of the man and the movement (which has transformed from a socio-political movement to one that now bears close resemblance to a secular faith) is a strong reliance upon – and professional understanding – of science. Unlike Gore, who only knows what he’s been told or what he wants to sell, Sussman knows the science front-and-back.
Al Gore attempts to tie Hurricane Katrina to climate change...
While Climategate - the scandal that erupted last year over emails at the UK’s East Anglia Climate Research Unit casting doubt over many “warmists’” claims - helped give Sussman a title for his book, you should know this is something he’s been working on for several years now. (If only Gore & Company had done as much research/fact-checking as Sussman.) The fact that several other climate change-related scandals/frauds/hoaxes have recently come to light only serves to strengthen his arguments. Some of the nails he hits on the head:
- Since 1972-73, DDT – one of the safest and most effective pesticides ever created – has been banned…chiefly as the result of the landmark eco-jeremiad, “Silent Spring” by Rachel Carson. Banned after being falsely accused of endangering wildlife, its absence has had significant negative impacts (such as the hardly-ever-reported-on 96 million related deaths attributed to malaria).
- The 2009 America Clean Energy and Security Act : "Buried in the 2009 America Clean Energy and Security Act are federally mandated energy-efficient building regulations, which supersede all local and state codes and which will be enforced by a national, green goon squad, funded in part by revenues from energy taxes, as well as by an annual $25 million from the Department of Energy 'to provide necessary enforcement of a national energy efficiency building code. The legislation also authorizes the Secretary of Energy to 'enhance compliance by conducting training and education of builders and other professionals in the jurisdiction concerning the national energy efficiency building code.' The plan is modeled on building code enforcement in California. Each time a home is built, remodeled, or – in the case of the federal plan – preparing to be sold, a G-man wearing a federal badge and armed with a clipboard will show up at your house to make sure ... all of your appliances have been updated with the most recent Energy Star-approved internal communication devices, and that the Home Area Network has been properly installed and connected to your new SmartMeter, whether you like it or not. This is not a helpful plan to assist you in meeting your family budget; it's a social engineering scheme, designed and promoted by the federal government to change your behavior. By having the capability to read your meter many times a day, the utility company is able to effectively establish demand pricing schedules; thus, using too much electricity during the peak periods is going to cost you."
- "The term SmartGrid [made law in 2007] refers to a distribution system that allows for flow of information from a customer's meter in two directions: both inside the house to thermostats and appliances and other devices, and back to the utility. … Once the…SmartMeter [is] connected to the SmartGrid, Big Brother will become the new authority figure in your home. Want to do a load of laundry or read at 3 p.m. on a hot afternoon in August? Good luck. With a bureaucratic keystroke, anything attached to your [home] could be selectively turned off – or on – without your approval."
- President Barack Obama, as a board member for the Joyce Foundation, voted for a $1.1 million grant to launch a privately owned "Chicago Climate Exchange."
- There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.
- How science has been willingly corrupted by activists with Ph.D.s.
- Who stands to make billions of dollars off the global warming scam.
- What really has happened, is happening and will happen with the earth’s climate.
- Why political leaders and government bureaucrats are determined to limit the amount of energy available to the people.
- How the United Nation’s policies are driving U.S. environmental law.
Even if you do buy into Gore & Friends’ take on the Earth and our environment, this is a book worth reading. It will at least help you better understand why the leaders of your movement have taken their respective/collective positions and where the information came from that informs your own beliefs.
For those of you who are skeptics, cynics or opponents, “Climategate” provides ample data, history and other information vital to illuminating the debate over climate change and advancing the argument that the threat posed by the deceits of those less interested in the Earth and more invested in separating ordinary citizens from their money (and liberties). Sussman has gone beyond the duty of a scientist/meteorologist and stepped in where "the Fourth Estate" and those charged with safeguarding freedoms should have -years ago.
“Climategate” is published by WND Books ($24.95).
Brian Sussman signing "Climategate"...
Sussman/"Climategate" bonus: Gore came to Monterey last week to give one of his $85 a ticket (bottom price) "lectures." Sussman - and a few hundred friends - were there to greet him. The interviews in this YouTube video are worth the price of admission...alone: